I subscribe to a newsletter called “The Maven Game”, and it is one of the few that I read from beginning to end whenever there’s a new post.
A few months ago, David included a snippet that talked of an idea he had for a new type of social media. He had quit both Twitter and Instagram and was looking for something simpler.
Here’s what it looks like:
1. Living (Yes/No): Are you still alive?
2. Marital Status (Married/Single): Are you married?
3. Children (#): How many kids do you have?
4. Opportunity (Open/Closed): Are you interested in new opportunities?
This flag is set either to Open or Closed. Open means you’re interested in hearing about new opportunities: full, part-time, freelance, side hustle, whatever. Closed means you’re not open for business: you’re busy, retired, don’t bother me. Simple, and unlikely to set off alarm bells with the boss.— David Molwear
5. Location: Are you closeby? Is it physically possible to meet up for coffee?
I loved this idea. I’m going to try and do the same, at least for the month of January. Here’s my quick go at adding my “profile.”